5-port PoE Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
Expanding Wired Connectivity for SOHO Networks
NETGEAR 300 Series Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switches provide easy, reliable, and affordable network connectivity for home and small offices. With these unmanaged plug-and-play switches, you can expand your network connections to multiple devices instantly. The GS305P and GS308P with Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) provides power and data from a single Ethernet (CAT-5) cable to devices such as IP cameras, VoIP/Internet-based phones, wireless access points, etc.
- Auto-MDI/MDIX eliminates the need for crossover cables
- LED indicators for ease of use
- Energy-efficient technology for power savings
- Fanless design for silent operation
- Auto-negotiation for automatic connection at the highest common speed between switch and an end device
- Non-blocking switching architecture for maximum throughput at wire speed
- 802.1p QoS for traffic/frame prioritization
- Plug-and-play; no setup required
- Durable and rugged metal case
- Ideal for small office and home networks
- Standards-based technology ensures interoperability with any standards-based devices in the existing network
- Power up to 4 PoE-capable devices (GS305P and GS308P)
- 802.3af Power Over Ethernet (PoE) for IP cameras, VoIP/ Internet-based phones, wireless access points (GS305P and GS308P)
|Bandwidth||10 Gbps||16 Gbps||10 Gbps||16 Gbps|
|Jumbo Frames||9,216 bytes||9,216 bytes||9,216 bytes||9,720 bytes|
|Forwarding Rate (using 64-byte packets)||1,448,000 pps||1,448,000 pps||1,448,000 pps||1,448,000 pps|
|Latency (using 64-byte packets)||< 2.6 µsec||< 2.6 µsec||< 2.4 µsec||<3.0 µsec|
|MAC Address Table Size||2K||8K||2K||4K|
|802.3af PoE Ports||N/A||N/A||Ports 1-4||Ports 1-4|
|PoE Max Power Per Port||N/A||N/A||up to 15.4W||up to 15.4W|
|Total PoE Power Budget**||N/A||N/A||up to 55.5W||up to 55.3W|
|Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) IEEE 802.3az||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Auto Power Down||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Short Cable Detection||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|DC Input||5V / 0.7A||12V / 0.5A||48V / 1.25A||48V / 1.25A|
|Power Consumption (Max and Standby)||2.34W / 0.45W||3.52W / 0.57W||60.0W / 0.96W||60.0W / 0.28W|
|Power On/Off Switch||No||Yes||No||No|
|Heat Dissipation (Max and Standby)||7.99 BTU/1.53 BTU||12 BTU/1.95 BTU||205.20 BTU/3.28 BTU||205.20 BTU/ 0.96 BTU|
|Per port||Power, Link/Activity||Power, Link/Activity||Power, Link/Activity (Left),
Ports 1-4: PoE Power (Right)
|Power, Link/Activity (Left),
Ports 1-4: PoE Power (Right)
|Dimensions||101 x 94 x 29 mm||158 x 101 x 26 mm||158 x 101 x 29 mm||158 x 101 x 29 mm|
|Weight||0.24 kg||0.38 kg||0.41 kg||0.46 kg|
|Operating Temperature||0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)|
|Operating Humidity||90% maximum relative humidity, non-condensing|
|Storage Temperature||–20° to 70°C (– 4° to 158°F)|
|Storage Humidity||5% to 95% relative humidity|
|Warranty and Support|
|Warranty||3 year warranty|
* This product comes with a limited warranty that is valid only if purchased from a NETGEAR authorized reseller, and modifications to product may void the warranty; see http://www.netgear.com/about/warranty/ for details. Warranty is 1 year in China/India. 24/7 basic technical support provided for 90 days from purchase date when purchased from a NETGEAR authorized reseller.
** Maximum PoE power supplied is 15.4W per port, but not to exceed 53W total power supplied across all connected devices.
Small Office/Home Office Network Diagram
Download the NETGEAR GS305, GS308, GS305P and GS308P Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.