5-Port Multi-Gigabit (2.5G) Ethernet Unmanaged Switch
Add to Cart for Pricing
The NETGEAR 5-port Multi-Gigabit Unmanaged Switch, MS305, help businesses cost effectively expand their networks with multi-gig speeds. The MS305 Multi-Gigabit Ethernet switch comes with five (5) 2.5G ports in a metal case and can be placed on a desk or mounted on a wall with the included wall-mount kit. This switch is energy efficient, built to last, and rigorously tested to provide the reliability businesses need. 802.1p traffic prioritization and jumbo frame support allow for seamless integration with more sophisticated networks.
- Simple set up with no software or configuration needed.
- Flexible desktop or wall placement.
- Easy monitoring through per port LEDs for port activity and speed.
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) support for maxium power savings.
- 5 ports of multi-gig 1G/2.5G speeds to connect devices instantly and give them each exactly the speed they need: 1G or 2.5G automatically.
- Non-blocking switching architecture for maximum throughput at wire speed.
- Fanless, silent operation with desktop and wall mounting options.
Superior network performance at non-blocking rate delivers true Multi-Gig speed with no compromise
Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption when there is light traffic on an active port or when there is no link or no activity detected
No software to install. No configuration needed. Zero maintenance required
The fanless design means zero added noise wherever its located, making it ideal for noise-sensitive environments.
Versatile Mounting Options
Install your switch on your desktop, or mount it to your wall with the hardware provided in the box.
MS305 Front View
MS305 Rear View
|1G/2.5G Ethernet RJ-45 copper ports (100M/1G/2.5G) - 1000BASE-T||5|
|Max MAC entries||16K|
|Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) compliant||Yes|
|Queue WRR Ratio||1:3:5:7:8:10:12:15|
|Forwarding Rate (using 64-byte packets) - 1000Mbps Port||1,488,000pps|
|Forwarding Rate (using 64-byte packets) - 2.5Gbps Por||3,720,000pps|
|Latency (using 64-byte packets) - 1000Mbps Port (average)||<2.458μs|
|Latency (using 64-byte packets) - 2.5Gbps Port (average)||<5.773μs|
|Jumbo frame support||9,720 bytes|
|Acoustic noise level @ 25° C (dBA) (ANSI-S10.12)||0|
|Auto MDI/MDI-X Cable Detection||Yes|
|Auto-sensing Half/Full Duplex Switched Ports||Yes|
|Non Head-of-Line Blocking Architecture||Yes|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) @ 25° C||1,401,743 hrs (159.9 yrs)|
|IEEE Network Protocols|
|IEEE Network Protocols||
|Quality of Service|
|802.1p-based QoS/CoS Supported||Yes|
|Honors DSCP (DiffServ) Tags||Yes|
|Per port||Speed, Link, Activity|
|DC Input/Power In||External (12V/1.0A)|
|Power Consumption (Max and Standby)||9.24W (Max)/4.60W Min/Standby (no PoE)|
|Heat Dissipation (Max and Standby) (BTU/Hr)||31.545BTU/15.704BTU|
|IEEE 802.3az (Energy Efficient Ethernet)||Yes|
|Auto Power Down||Yes|
|Short Cable Detection/Power Saving||Yes|
|Dimensions||158 x 101 x 29 mm (6.2 x 4.0 x 1.1 in)|
|Weight||0.48 kg (1.06 lb)|
|Operating Temperature||32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)|
|Operating Humidity||90% maximum relative humidity (RH), non-condensing|
|Operating Altitude||10,000 ft (3,000 m) maximum|
|Storage Temperature||– 4° to 158°F (–20° to 70°C)|
|Storage Humidity||95% maximum relative humidity (RH), non-condensing|
|Storage Altitude||10,000 ft (3,000 m) maximum|
|Electromagnetic Certifications and Compliance|
|Certifications||CE, FCC part 15 Class B, ISED, VCCI, KC, CCC, BSMI, RCM|
|Certifications||CB, CSA, CCC, BSMI, RCM, CE LVD|
|Warranty and Support|
|Hardware warranty (All except China/India)||Limited Lifetime* warranty|
|External power adapter warranty||N/A|
|Technical support (online, phone)||90 days free with registration from the date of purchase*|
|ProSUPPORT OnCall 24x7 service plans||Category S2
* This product comes with a limited warranty that is valid only if purchased from a NETGEAR authorized reseller, and covers unmodified hardware, fans and internal power supplies – not software or external power supplies, and requires product registration at https://www.netgear.com/business/registration within 90 days of purchase; see https://www.netgear.com/about/warranty for details. Intended for indoor use only
** The NETGEAR OnCall 24x7 contract provides unlimited phone and email technical support for your networking product. For ProSAFE products purchased prior to 06/2014, also includes next business-day hardware replacement.
Multi-Gig for higher bandwidth
Download the NETGEAR MS305 5-Port Multi-Gigabit (2.5G) Ethernet Unmanaged Switch Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Add to Cart for Pricing