NETGEAR WiFi 6 PoE Access Point WAX610
Wireless Dual Band AX1800 Multi-gig Insight Managed Access Point
List Price: $280.77
Our Price: $192.99
List Price: $311.97
Our Price: $199.99
The WAX610 supports the next generation WiFi 6 smart phones, IoT devices, and notebook computers, delivering up to 40% more throughput to each individual device in the 5GHz band and 70% more throughput in the 2.4GHz band, compared to the previous generation equivalent model; provides 4x the client device connection, allowing businesses to serve more customers with better speed and less congestion.
- Insight cloud remote monitoring and management: 1-Year Insight subscription included
- WiFi 6 Dual Band AX1800 Access Point, up to 1.2Gbps in 5GHz band and 600Mbps in 2.4GHz
- Multi-Gigabit Speed and PoE — Includes a 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port with PoE for high speed and easy wiring
- Faster and more reliable WiFi due to higher throughput and more coverage with the use of both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band simultaneously.
- Ideal for high density WiFi environments, supported by robust and seamless roaming between a large number of WAX610 and other NETGEAR Business WiFi APs
- High Performance — Get 4 Streams of WiFi 6 and speeds up to 1.8 Gb
- Greater Capacity and Battery Life — Enjoy 4X more connection capacity than WiFi 5 with improved efficiency for longer device battery life.
- Compatible with WAC505/510/540 specifically but not WiFi 5 APs in general.
- Dual-Band Wireless Mesh – wire-free installation with other WAX610, WAX610Y, WAC540 or WAC564. One of the bands is then shared between the wireless backhaul and the devices.
WiFi 6 Access Points for the Small and Medium Size Businesses
The WAX610 is ideal in high density client device environments such as schools, hotels, restaurants and conference centers, and provides enterprise grade WiFi network security. With Insight management, WAX610 works seamlessly with your current NETGEAR Insight managed switches, WiFi access points and network storage, and is compatible with previous generation WiFi devices (WiFi 5 802.11ac for example) and WiFi Access Points.
In the past several years, the WiFi industry has made progress in increasing speeds by leaps and bounds. However, capacity continues to be a challenge, namely, supporting a large number of concurrent users. This requirement is particularly acute for businesses, where very high throughput to each individual device may not be the paramount requirement. Rather, it is providing network connectivity to a large number of client devices, with good throughput, stable connection, and robust responses to environmental changes that is most important.
With the updated WiFi 6 (802.11ax) technology such as OFDMA, upstream and downstream MU-MIMO, and increased speeds, coverage, and capacity, you can feel confident that you’re getting the highest performance WiFi that’s set for years to come! Plus the assurance that you can now add more connected devices on your business WiFi network without any slowdowns or blind spots.
The WAX610, a WiFi 6 Business Access Point, combined with Insight, helps small and medium businesses with an easy way to manage their network without an IT expert, providing great WiFi connection leaving each of their customers satisfied as a network user. NETGEAR empowers businesses with an all new WiFi 6 Business Access Point for high performance and high coverage for the years to come.
The WAX610Y is the outdoor version of the WAX610. WAX610Y is waterproof and dust proof protected by a P2i nano-coating and meets the IP55 rating to withstand the rain and outdoor atmosphere.
Ultimate Speed and Capacity with WiFi 6
Offer customers and employees the best WiFi with higher speeds, less congestion, higher device density and higher battery life for WiFi 6 devices with WAX610.
- Up to 70% higher speed for client devices
- 4x more client devices per unit (when all devices support WiFi 6)
- Dual-band 4-stream: each unit can deliver up to 1.8 Gbps of data throughput
- 2 streams: 5GHz band
- 2 streams: 2.4GHz band
- One 2.5G Ethernet port for multi-gig wired network connectivity
- Enhanced security features
- SMB IT budget
- Centralized remote monitoring and management
WiFi Security for your Business
Small and medium organizations now enjoy enterprise level security without the enterprise budget. Insight helps you configure and maintain the security of the network easily
- WPA3 for the highest level of WiFi connection security
- 8 separate wireless networks (SSIDs) can be used for administration, employees, guests and IoT devices (WiFi surveillance cameras, thermostats, door locks and sensors)
- Separate VLANs for network separation and segregation between admin network, employee, visitor, HR, Finance, etc.
- Peer-to-peer separation: Total user separation on the same VLAN, preventing guest accessing other guests’ devices
- Dynamic VLAN per RADIUS user assignment, a feature specially designed for businesses who use RADIUS to efficiently manage user accounts and access (Note: Feature available in October 2020 firmware release)
Remote monitoring and management with NETGEAR Insight
- 1-Year Insight subscription included
- Instant discovery & set-up
- Local and Cloud monitoring and management through the Insight app or Cloud Portal
- Remote access and multi-device configuration
- No additional Cloud controller, appliance, network manager, or PC/server is necessary
- QR code intial configuaration for instant installation
WAX610 Deployment Scenario
WiFi 6 for business and home office
NETGEAR has been at the forefront of innovation and cutting-edge solution for more than 20 years, providing innovative and ground-breaking network solutions which include a suite of advanced WiFi 6 products – giving you access to the most advanced WiFi on the planet.
WiFi 6 overcomes these challenges
- Coverage and range, especially through walls in blind spots
- Need for faster and easier set up
- Network and per device speed, especially with more devices
- Demand for security and access control
- Need for smooth configuration and firmware updates
WiFi 6 for Business
Why are businesses adopting WiFi 6?
- Best WiFi Speed – 70% more throughput than WiFi 5
- Connect More Devices - optimized speed even in high density areas
- Improved Coverage
- Battery Efficiency
- Seamless Roaming
- Faster Backbone with 2.5G - Multi-gig networking and connectivity
- High Density IoT
- Safer Networks
Remote WiFi 6 Management
Most NETGEAR WiFi 6 business access points include NETGEAR Insight, the award-winning remote cloud management solution for easy installation, monitoring, and management from anywhere.
NETGEAR Insight is an industry first in network management, providing easy plug-and-play setup and management. Its cloud portal can be accessed via an intuitive web interface or the Insight mobile app. Insight offers a wide variety of configuration options for the most basic networks to multi-tenancy and multi-roles.
NETGEAR Insight enables easy configuration, monitoring, and management of your wireless access points together with Insight-managed switches and storage. Wireless management features include: Instant WiFi for automatic wireless configuration to limit interferences, frequency band selection, VLAN creation and association with SSID, WiFi security configuration, visibility into WiFi clients, reporting, and many more.
Who is upgrading to WiFi 6?
- Sharing a WiFi connection with the rest of the family as people are working from home, video calling or downloading large files can slow everyone down. WiFi 6 is optimized for concurrent users.
- As medicine moves toward more innovative technologies for imaging, record storage, and telehealth, it requires more bandwidth. Upgrading to WiFi 6 helps ease high demand and provide efficiency.
- Older, legacy WiFi systems have slow bandwidth lack device capacity and less secure connections. WiFi 6 can meet growing demand for connectivity across all the technology and devices the industry depends on.
- As wireless handheld Point of Sale devices increase in use so does the need for suffcinet bandwidth and total site coverage. WiFi 6 can meet those growing demands.
- Libraries, city halls, police offices and the public sector in general are becoming more technologically advanced and reliant on WiFi and need the bandwidth capacity and efficiency it offers.
- The increase in video streaming, online with WiFi 6 greatly improve student’s and teacher’s educational experiences.
- From AI assembly line robots to autonomous delivery trucks, most or all new machinery and loT will require high bandwidth and capacity.
- Finance companies need high bandwidth and zero-delay streaming to meet the needs of daily stock market traders and demanding finance apps. WiFi 6 can keep up with these demand.
- Houses of worship need great network conncetivity to make sure everything runs smoothly for the team and improve the congregation’s experince. Reliability, simplicity and affordability are high priorities. WiFi 6 checks all those boxes.
The WiFi 6 Difference
Increased speed, coverage, and capacity for today’s WiFi demands
Up to 70% faster speeds on both bands
Up to 50% more coverage, with no dead zones
- Device Capacity
More simultaneous users, with high WiFi quality for everyone
|WiFi Standards||5.0GHz: 802.11a/g/n/ac/ax
|Wireless Mode (Transmit x Receive)||2x2 in 5.0GHz
2x2 in 2.4GHz
|2x2 in 5.0GHz
2x2 in 2.4GHz
|OFDM/OFDMA||OFDM and OFDMA||OFDM and OFDMA|
|Multi-User MIMO||Bidir and MU-MIMO||Bidir and MU-MIMO|
|Target Wake Time (TWT)||Yes||Yes|
|Maximum Theoretical Throughput||AX1800 1.8Gbps||AX1800 1.8Gbps|
|Maximum Theoretical Throughput per Band||5.0GHz: 1200Mbps
|Antenna Gain||Internal 3.8/4.5dBi
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)||802.11at||802.11at|
|PoE Power Consumption||15.3W||16.1W|
|Centralized Management||Insight App||Insight App|
|Secure Socket Layer (SSL)||Yes||Yes|
|Dimensions||160.9 x 160.9 x 33.25 mm
(6.33 x 6.33 x 1.30 in)
|181 x 305 x 34 mm
(7.12 x 12.0 x 1.33 in)
|Weight||412 g (0.90 lb)||940 g (2.07 lb)|
|Interface||One 10/100/1000/2.5GBASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) ports with Auto Uplink™ (Auto MDI-X) supporting IEEE 802.3af or 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE)||One 10/100/1000/2.5GBASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) ports with Auto Uplink™ (Auto MDI-X) supporting IEEE 802.3af or 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE)|
|Power adapter (not included)||12V DC, 2.5A; plug is localized to country of sale||Powered by PoE Only|
|LED||Four (4): Power and Cloud connection; LAN speed; 2.4GHz status; 5.0GHz status||Four (4): Power and Cloud connection; LAN speed; 2.4GHz status; 5.0GHz status|
|WiFi Protected Access (WPA, WPA2, WPA3)||Yes||Yes|
|Wireless access control to identify authorized wireless network devices||Yes||Yes|
|MAC address authentication||Yes||Yes|
|NETGEAR Insight App||App Management for setup, monitoring and management|
|Wireless Distribution System (WDS)||Bridge mode: Point-to-point wireless
Bridge mode: Point-to-multipoint wireless
Adjustable Transmit Power Control (TPC)
Identify type of wireless clients in the network
|WAX610 Insight Managed Wireless Access Point
Wall/ceiling mount kit
|WAX610Y Insight Managed Outdoor Wireless Access Point
Pole mount kit
Wall/ceiling mount kit
|Hardware Limited Warranty||5 years||5 years|
|Next-Business-Day (NBD) Replacement||5 years||5 years|
|Technical support (online, phone)||90 days free from date of purchase*||90 days free from date of purchase*|
*This product comes with a limited warranty that is valid only if purchased from a NETGEAR authorized reseller, and covers unmodified hardware, fans and internal power supplies – not software or external power supplies, and requires product registration using the Insight mobile app or Insight Cloud portal within 90 days of purchase; see https://www.netgear.com/about/warranty for details. Intended for indoor use only.
Download the NETGEAR WAX610 and WAX610Y Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
List Price: $280.77
Our Price: $192.99
List Price: $311.97
Our Price: $199.99