AX3600 Dual Band PoE Multi-Gig WiFi 6 Insight Managed Access Point
Our Price: $248.39
Our Price: $259.19
High Performance WiFi 6 Access Points Insight WAX620 for the Small and Medium Size Businesses
The WAX620 is a high performance WiFi 6 access point, ideal for small and medium sized businesses. The access point is a dual band 4x4 design delivering up to 3.6Gbps total WiFi throughput, supported by a 2.5Gbps Power-over-Ethernet port, an industry leader of performance and cost effectiveness in its product class.
The WAX620 supports the next generation WiFi 6 smart phones, IoT devices, and notebook computers, delivering up to 40% more throughput to each individual device in the 5GHz band and 100% more throughput in the 2.4GHz band, compared to the previous generation equivalent model; provides 4x the client device connection, allowing businesses to serve more customers with better speed and less congestion.
The WAX620 is ideal in high density client device environments such as schools, hotels, restaurants and conference centers, and provides enterprise grade WiFi network security. With Insight management, WAX620 works seamlessly with your current NETGEAR Insight managed switches, WiFi access points and network storage, and is compatible with previous generation WiFi devices (WiFi 5 802.11ac for example) and WiFi Access Points.
In the past several years, the WiFi industry has made progress in increasing speeds by leaps and bounds. However, capacity continues to be a challenge, namely, supporting a large number of concurrent users. This requirement is particularly acute for businesses, where very high throughput to each individual device may not be the paramount requirement. Rather, it is providing network connectivity to a large number of client devices, with good throughput, stable connection, and robust responses to environmental changes that is most important.
With the updated WiFi 6 (802.11ax) technology such as OFDMA, upstream and downstream MU-MIMO, and increased speeds, coverage, and capacity, you can feel confident that you’re getting the highest performance WiFi that’s set for years to come! Plus the assurance that you can now add more connected devices on your business WiFi network without any slowdowns or blind spots.
The WAX620, a WiFi 6 Business Access Point, combined with Insight, helps small and medium businesses with an easy way to manage their network without an IT expert, providing great WiFi connection leaving each of their customers satisfied as a network user. NETGEAR empowers businesses with an all new WiFi 6 Business Access Point for high performance and high coverage for the years to come. The WAX620 is compatible with WAC510, WAC564, WAX610, WAX610Y Insight Managed Access Points to form a scalable wireless network.
- Business class WiFi based on next generation 802.11ax WiFi 6 technology on both 5.0GHz and 2.4GHz bands. Backward compatible to 802.11b/g/ n/a/ac
- Dual band 4x4 (2.4GHz and 5.0GHz) 8 streams of data for an aggregate throughput of up to 3.6Gbps
- Instant WiFi Mesh forming wireless backhaul with other WAX620, WAC540 or WC564 units to form a WiFi mesh network
- 40% more throughput in 4-stream 5.0GHz band and 100% more throughput in 4-stream 2.4GHz band compared to previous generation
- 4 times more client device supported
- Enterprise security and Enhanced Open security, such as WAP3, WPA Enterprise, 8x SSID and VLAN
- Basic Service Set Coloring (BSS Coloring) enabling significant improvement in radio frequency channel effeciency and reduction of interference
- Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) allowing simultaneous services to multiple devices in the same channel thus improving bandwidth efficiency and reducing latency
- 2.5GbE port, backward compatible with 100/1000Mbps Ethernet, supported by NETGEAR GSM4210P, MS510TXPP and other multi-gig Ethernet switches
- Target Wake Time (TWT) allows more efficient power usage resulting in longer battery life in WiFi 6 client devices
- Beamforming+; Advanced 6th generation WiFi technology such as up and downstream MU-MIMO
- One 802.3at 2.5Gbps PoE port. Remote management and monitoring from NETGEAR Insight app or Cloud Portal for unrivaled management experience of your wireless network.
- App managed. Faster installation through NETGEAR Insight app or Cloud Portal. No additional hardware needed.
- Market leading 5-year warranty with 24x7 chat support for peace of mind
Ultimate Speed and Capacity with WiFi 6
Offer customers and employees the best WiFi with higher speeds, less congestion, higher device density and higher battery life for WiFi 6 devices with WAX610.
- Up to 70% higher speed for client devices
- 4x more client devices per unit (when all devices support WiFi 6)
- Dual-band 4-stream: each unit can deliver up to 1.8 Gbps of data throughput
- 2 streams: 5GHz band
- 2 streams: 2.4GHz band
- One 2.5G Ethernet port for multi-gig wired network connectivity
- Enhanced security features
- SMB IT budget
- Centralized remote monitoring and management
WiFi Security for your Business
Small and medium organizations now enjoy enterprise level security without the enterprise budget. Insight helps you configure and maintain the security of the network easily
- WPA3 for the highest level of WiFi connection security
- 8 separate wireless networks (SSIDs) can be used for administration, employees, guests and IoT devices (WiFi surveillance cameras, thermostats, door locks and sensors)
- Separate VLANs for network separation and segregation between admin network, employee, visitor, HR, Finance, etc.
- Peer-to-peer separation: Total user separation on the same VLAN, preventing guest accessing other guests’ devices
- Dynamic VLAN per RADIUS user assignment, a feature specially designed for businesses who use RADIUS to efficiently manage user accounts and access (Note: Feature available in October 2020 firmware release)
Remote monitoring and management with NETGEAR Insight
- 1-Year Insight subscription included
- Instant discovery & set-up
- Local and Cloud monitoring and management through the Insight app or Cloud Portal
- Remote access and multi-device configuration
- No additional Cloud controller, appliance, network manager, or PC/server is necessary
- QR code intial configuaration for instant installation
- High-Performance Business WiFi
Faster and more reliable dual band WiFi 6 with 8 streams and up to 2.4Gbps in 5GHz band and 1.2Gbps in 2.4GHz band
- Ideal for High Density Environments
Ultimate WiFi performance for schools, hotels, restaurants, and conference centers.
- Greater Network Capacity
Enjoy 4x more connection capacity than your current WiFi and improved efficiency for longer battery life.
- Seamless Wireless Mesh
Wire-free installation with other WAX620, WAX610, WAX610Y, WAC540, or WAC564 creates the perfect seamless business network.
- Multi-Gigabit Speed
Includes a 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port with PoE for high speed wired network connectivity and easy wiring
- Easy Setup
Set up, configure, and manage with NETGEAR Insight
- Flexible Mounting
Easy to securely install on the wall of a suspended ceiling with the hardware included
Ease of Use
- Business-Level Security
WPA3 for the highest level of WiFi connection security
- 8 Wireless Networks (SSIDs)
Separate and secure networks for admin, guests, employees and IoT devices like cameras, locks and more
- Separate VLANs
Keep admin, employee, visitor, HR, Finance department networks safely separated from each other
WAX620 Deployment Scenario
WiFi 6 for business and home office
NETGEAR has been at the forefront of innovation and cutting-edge solution for more than 20 years, providing innovative and ground-breaking network solutions which include a suite of advanced WiFi 6 products – giving you access to the most advanced WiFi on the planet.
WiFi 6 overcomes these challenges
- Coverage and range, especially through walls in blind spots
- Need for faster and easier set up
- Network and per device speed, especially with more devices
- Demand for security and access control
- Need for smooth configuration and firmware updates
WiFi 6 for Business
Why are businesses adopting WiFi 6?
- Best WiFi Speed – 70% more throughput than WiFi 5
- Connect More Devices - optimized speed even in high density areas
- Improved Coverage
- Battery Efficiency
- Seamless Roaming
- Faster Backbone with 2.5G - Multi-gig networking and connectivity
- High Density IoT
- Safer Networks
Remote WiFi 6 Management
Most NETGEAR WiFi 6 business access points include NETGEAR Insight, the award-winning remote cloud management solution for easy installation, monitoring, and management from anywhere.
NETGEAR Insight is an industry first in network management, providing easy plug-and-play setup and management. Its cloud portal can be accessed via an intuitive web interface or the Insight mobile app. Insight offers a wide variety of configuration options for the most basic networks to multi-tenancy and multi-roles.
NETGEAR Insight enables easy configuration, monitoring, and management of your wireless access points together with Insight-managed switches and storage. Wireless management features include: Instant WiFi for automatic wireless configuration to limit interferences, frequency band selection, VLAN creation and association with SSID, WiFi security configuration, visibility into WiFi clients, reporting, and many more.
Who is upgrading to WiFi 6?
- Sharing a WiFi connection with the rest of the family as people are working from home, video calling or downloading large files can slow everyone down. WiFi 6 is optimized for concurrent users.
- As medicine moves toward more innovative technologies for imaging, record storage, and telehealth, it requires more bandwidth. Upgrading to WiFi 6 helps ease high demand and provide efficiency.
- Older, legacy WiFi systems have slow bandwidth lack device capacity and less secure connections. WiFi 6 can meet growing demand for connectivity across all the technology and devices the industry depends on.
- As wireless handheld Point of Sale devices increase in use so does the need for suffcinet bandwidth and total site coverage. WiFi 6 can meet those growing demands.
- Libraries, city halls, police offices and the public sector in general are becoming more technologically advanced and reliant on WiFi and need the bandwidth capacity and efficiency it offers.
- The increase in video streaming, online with WiFi 6 greatly improve student’s and teacher’s educational experiences.
- From AI assembly line robots to autonomous delivery trucks, most or all new machinery and loT will require high bandwidth and capacity.
- Finance companies need high bandwidth and zero-delay streaming to meet the needs of daily stock market traders and demanding finance apps. WiFi 6 can keep up with these demand.
- Houses of worship need great network conncetivity to make sure everything runs smoothly for the team and improve the congregation’s experince. Reliability, simplicity and affordability are high priorities. WiFi 6 checks all those boxes.
The WiFi 6 Difference
Increased speed, coverage, and capacity for today’s WiFi demands
Up to 70% faster speeds on both bands
Up to 50% more coverage, with no dead zones
- Device Capacity
More simultaneous users, with high WiFi quality for everyone
|WiFi Standards||5.0GHz: 802.11a/g/n/ac/ax
|Wireless Mode (Transmit x Receive)||2x2 in 5.0GHz
2x2 in 2.4GHz
|4x4 in 5.0GHz
4x4 in 2.4GHz
|4x4 in 5.0GHz H
4x4 in 5.0GHz L
4x4 in 2.4GHz
|OFDM/OFDMA||OFDM and OFDMA||OFDM and OFDMA||OFDM and OFDMA|
|Multi-User MIMO||Bidir and MU-MIMO||Bidir and MU-MIMO||Bidir and MU-MIMO|
|Target Wake Time (TWT)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Maximum Theoretical Throughput||AX1800 1.8Gbps||AX3600 3.6Gbps||AX3600 6Gbps|
|Maximum Theoretical Throughput per Band||5.0GHz: 1200Mbps
|5.0GHz H: 2400Mbps
5.0GHz L: 2400Mbps
|Antenna Gain||Internal 3.8/4.5dBi
|Internal 3.1/4.3 dBi
|Internal 2.86/4.41/4.98 dBi
(2.4GHz/5GHz L/5GHz H)
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)||802.3at/af||802.3at/af||802.3bt/at|
|PoE Power Consumption||15.3W||25.5W||30.1W|
|Centralized Management||Insight App||Insight App||Insight App|
|Secure Socket Layer (SSL)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Wireless Distribution System (WDS)|
|Simultaneous Bridge and Wireless Client Association||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|WiFi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2/WPA3), 802.11i||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Wireless access control to identify authorized wireless network device||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|MAC address authentication||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|MAC address filtering with access control||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|802.1x RADIUS support with EAP TLS, TTLS, PEAP||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Neighbor AP detection||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Block SSID Broadcast||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Guest Network/Captive Portal||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Link Layer Discovery Protocol||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Instant WiFi Mesh|
|Wireless backhaul to form Mesh Network||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|IEEE 802.11ax WiFi 6 standard||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|WMM Wireless Multimedia Prioritization||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|WDS Wireless Distribution System||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE) IEEE 802.3af||Yes, approximately 60% of full throughput performance||Yes, approximately 60% of full throughput performance||Yes, max throughput will reduce by 50% on 2.4 GHz and 5GH L|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE) IEEE 802.3at||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Dimensions||160.9 x 160.9 x 33.25 mm
(6.33 x 6.33 x 1.30 in)
|205.7 x 205.7 x 34.3 mm
(8.09 x 8.09 x 1.35 in)
|266.61 x 268.29 x 55.5 mm
(10.49 x 10.56 x 2.18 in)
|Weight||412 g (0.90 lb)||783 g (1.72 lb)||956 g (2.10 lb)|
|Operating temperature||0° to 40°C(32° to 104°F)||0° to 40°C(32° to 104°F)||0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)|
|Interface||One 100/1000/2.5GBASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) ports with Auto Uplink™ (Auto MDI-X) supporting IEEE 802.3af or 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE)|
|Power adapter (not included)||12V DC, 2.5A; plug is localized to country of sale||12V DC, 2.5A; plug is localized to country of sale||12V/3.5A|
|LED||One (1): Power and cloud connection; Two (2): LAN ports; 2.4GHz status; Three (3): Radio (2.4GHz, 5GH H, 5GH L)|
|NETGEAR Insight App||App Management for setup, monitoring and management|
|Wireless Distribution System (WDS)||Bridge mode: Point-to-point wireless
Bridge mode: Point-to-multipoint wireless
Adjustable Transmit Power Control (TPC)
Identify type of wireless clients in the network
|WAX610 Insight Managed Wireless Access Point
Wall/ceiling mount kit
|WAX620 Insight Managed Wireless Access Point
Wall/ceiling mount kit
|WAX630 Insight Managed Wireless Access Point
Wall/ceiling mount kit
|Hardware Limited Warranty||5 years||5 years||5 years|
|Next-Business-Day (NBD) Replacement||5 years||5 years||5 years|
|Technical support (online, phone)||90 days free from date of purchase*||90 days free from date of purchase*||90 days free from date of purchase*|
*This product comes with a limited warranty that is valid only if purchased from a NETGEAR authorized reseller, and covers unmodified hardware, fans and internal power supplies – not software or external power supplies, and requires product registration using the Insight mobile app or Insight Cloud portal within 90 days of purchase; see https://www.netgear.com/about/warranty for details. Intended for indoor use only.
Download the NETGEAR WAX620 Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $248.39
Our Price: $259.19