NETGEAR Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream AX11000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
WiFi 6 for Today's Smart Devices
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
Nighthawk Tri-Band AX12 WiFi 6 Router is powered by the industry’s latest WiFi 6 (802.11ax) standard with 4 times increased data capacities to handle up to 50 devices in your growing home network. Blazing-fast combined WiFi speeds up to 10.8Gbps† and AX optimized 1.8GHz quad-core processor powers smart home automation, ultra-smooth 4K/8K streaming, low latency gaming, and more. Multi-Gig 2.5G Ethernet interface can be used for wired devices on LAN or for getting faster multi-Gig Internet speed. Plus, eight high-performance antennas on the router amplify WiFi signals for maximized range and reliable coverage for a 5-6 bedroom home. With NETGEAR Armor™, you get the best-in-class cybersecurity to protect your family from malware, stolen passwords, identity theft, and hacker attacks. Easily manage content and time online on any of your family's devices with Circle® Smart Parental Controls.
- NETGEAR ArmorTM — Advanced cyber threat protection for your home and your connected devices.
- Circle Parental Controls — Advanced cyber threat protection for your home and your connected devices.
- Blazing-fast WiFi Speeds — Combined speeds of up to 10.8Gbps (1.2+4.8+4.8 Gbps)
- 12-Streams Tri-Band WiFi — 12 WiFi streams allow for multiple 4K streams, low-latency gaming and blazing-fast Internet speeds.
- Increased Capacity for the Smart Home — The latest generation WiFi 6 technology delivers WiFi performance and reliability to up to 4 times more devices than before.
- Multi-Gig Experience — Maximize your Internet speeds to up to 2.5Gbps with new versatile Ethernet wired connections.
- 160MHz Support — Gigabit WiFi connection with mobile devices of today and of the future that support 160MHz bandwidth.
- WiFi 6 Optimized Powerful Processor — High-performance processor delivers fast & reliable connections to all devices & applications.
- Multi-Gig Ethernet Port 2.5G — 2.5 times the wired speed of a typical Gigabit port to be used for LAN or Internet connectivity.
- Five Gigabit Ethernet Ports — Connect more wired devices including computer, storage, and gaming consoles for faster file transfer and uninterrupted connections.
- Nighthawk App — Easily set up your router and get more out of your WiFi. Includes remote access to manage your network when away from home.
- Automatic Firmware Updates — Latest security patches delivered to the router.
- Works with Existing WiFi Devices — Supports current WiFi devices and is backward compatible with WiFi 5 (802.11ac), WiFi 4 (802.11n) and earlier generation WiFi standards.
- Works with Amazon Alexa™ and the Google Assistant — Control your NETGEAR WiFi with simple voice commands.
- Latest Security Standard — Supports WPA3, the latest and cutting-edge WiFi security protocol
- Reliable Smart Home Connectivity
WiFi 6 features tri-band, which is ideal for connecting multiple IoT devices to your network, from the sensor-based, low bandwidth devices to devices you use to stream video.
- Smoother UHD 4K/8K Streaming
Watch ultra-HD 4K/8K videos on your smart TV while your family games online or uploads pictures from their smartphones. Streaming on Netflix and YouTube has never been smoother.
- Faster and Farther Coverage
Whether your family is gaming in the basement or streaming videos by the pool, everyone can enjoy ultra-fast wireless speeds, indoors and outdoors.
WiFi 6—Ready for Today and Tomorrow’s Smart Home
Delivering four times better performance than AC WiFi, WiFi 6 allows more devices to connect and stream simultaneously, without impacting speed or reliability, by efficiently packing and scheduling data. With innovative technologies, such as Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple-Access (OFDMA) and intelligent scheduling, WiFi 6 delivers a huge boost in speed and total capacity. Rising to the challenges of modern smart home demands, this new standard of WiFi is ready to support more devices with better reliability and faster speeds.
WiFi 6 gives you improved network capacity for more WiFi devices. Have more fun with the uninterrupted 4K/8K streaming, gaming, and the smart home experience. With MU-MIMO, WiFi 6 supports up to eight simultaneous streams for the number of users that can be served double at the same time as compared to an AC router.
Get ultra-fast wireless speeds with more connections for all devices with less congestion. You’ll get some blazing connection speeds of 1Gbps or more, 4K/8K streaming, & VR/AR gaming.
Experience reliable and stronger WiFi coverage indoors and outdoors for all your devices. High-performance antennas on the router amplify WiFi signals for maximized range and reliable coverage.
4x4 Multi-user MIMO with Two 5GHz Bands
Using multi-user MIMO† technology, routers can stream data to multiple devices simultaneously. That means faster downloads and smoother streaming for your devices with 4 streams with each 5G band.
Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA)
Using the OFDMA feature of WiFi 6, the WiFi traffic is managed much more efficiently since data is transmitted from different devices concurrently, rather than having each device’s data wait for its turn. This results in an efficient use of air-time, reduced latency, and increased bandwidth to add more devices to your network.
Ultra-powerful AX-optimized Quad-core Processor
Nighthawk Tri-Band AX12 WiFi 6 Router, powered by a 64-bit 1.8GHz quad-core processor, is built for performance at an ultimate level. The ultra-fast processor enables the router to seamlessly handle data intensive applications such as 4K/8K UHD video streaming, VR/ AR gaming, as well as provide a stronger, more reliable WiFi experience. This powerful processor is optimized for AX making intelligent spontaneous decisions to schedule data traffic to maximize WiFi Bandwidth utilization.
Award-Winning Industrial Design
This next-generation Nighthawk Tri-Band AX12 WiFi 6 Router router design conceals eight (8) high-performance antennas under the ‘wings’. The antennas are optimally positioned for best WiFi performance and extend strong and reliable WiFi coverage indoors and outdoors.
The NETGEAR Nighthawk App makes it easy to set up your router and get more out of your WiFi. With the app, you can install your router in a few steps—just connect your mobile device to the router network and the app will walk you through the rest. Once set up, you can use the intuitive dashboard to pause the Internet on your connected devices, run a quick Internet speed test, and much more!
- Anywhere Access—Easily monitor your home network anytime, anywhere
- Internet Speed Test—Check the broadband speeds from your service provider
- Pause Internet—Pause the Internet to any device
- Traffic Meter—Track Internet data usage
- Guest Networks—Set up separate WiFi access for guests
- Quick Setup—Get connected in just minutes
- Get it at nighthawk-app.com
Get ultra-fast wireless speeds for better 4K UHD streaming, gaming or video conferencing experience.
- UP TO 10.8GBPS† SPEEDS—1.2 + 4.8 + 4.8 Gbps with 12-stream connectivity **
- AX OPTIMIZED QUAD-CORE PROCESSOR—Powerful 1.8GHz processor boosts wireless, wired & WAN-to-LAN performance
- MULTI-GIG 2.5G ETHERNET PORT—2.5 times the wired speed of typical Gigabit Ethernet port for LAN or Internet connectivity 2.5G
- 1024-QAM—25% increased data efficiency and faster speeds than a 256-QAM router
- TWO SUPERSPEED USB 3.O PORTS —Up to 10x faster than USB 2.0
- MULTI-GIG EXPERIENCE—Maximize your available Internet speeds with link aggregation support. Ability to aggregate two Gigabit LAN ports and two Gigabit WAN ports (configurable)
Get better performance for all your smart home devices even when your family is busy streaming videos or uploading media files during the Internet rush hour.
- MORE WIFI FOR MORE DEVICES—OFDMA allows efficient data transmission at the same time§
- UP TO 8 SIMULTANEOUS WIFI STREAMS—8-stream MU-MIMO‡ enables up to four (4) 2x2 devices to stream content at the same time using 2 5GHz bands
- AX OPTIMIZED POWERFUL PROCESSOR—64-bit 1.8GHz quad-core processor ensures smooth 4K/8K UHD streaming & gaming – ideal for Gigabit Internet speeds
Faster and expanded coverage throughout your home and for all your devices.
- ULTIMATE RANGE—WiFi coverage throughout very large homes
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE ANTENNAS—Eight (8) hidden antennas extend strong and reliable WiFi signals over larger area. Antennas are pre-optimized for best WiFi performance
- 160MHZ CHANNEL SUPPORT***—Enjoy greater than 1Gbps WiFi speeds for blazing fast streaming and downloading to newer mobile devices
With NETGEAR, sharing across your network is fun and easy, such as accessing stored photos & music.
- READYSHARE USB ACCESS—Wirelessly access & share USB hard drive via two (2) USB ports
- TWO USB 3.0 PORTS—Faster streaming, backup and easy access to your stored media
There’s nothing more frustrating than lost connections! With NETGEAR’s advanced features & best-in-class technology, you’ll reduce interference & enjoy more reliable WiFi connectivity.
- BEAMFORMING+—Improve range and performance for both 2.4 and 5GHz devices
- SIMULTANEOUS TRI-BAND WIFI—Ensures the best WiFi performance with more available bandwidth and less congestion for all devices on the network
- PRE-OPTIMIZED ANTENNAS—Unfold and set antennas on the router, no further adjustment required. The AX12 antennas come pre-optimized for best WiFi performance
- ADDITIONAL DFS CHANNELS—Reduce interference from neighboring networks
Ease Of Use
Start enjoying your new device faster than ever. NETGEAR wants to make sure installation and management is simple & easy, so you can connect quickly & make sure you stay that way!
- SMART CONNECT—Intelligently selects the fastest WiFi band for every device connection. One WiFi name for the entire home
- NIGHTHAWK APP—Easily set up your router and get more out of your WiFi. Includes remote access to manage your network away from home
- WIFI 6 SUPPORTS ALL CURRENT WIFI DEVICES—Backward compatible with WiFi 5 and earlier generation devices
- VOICE CONTROLLED BY AMAZON ALEXA & THE GOOGLE ASSISTANT— Control your NETGEAR WiFi network with simple voice commands
Maintain high security across your network to ensure your privacy & family is safe while online. Whether it’s preventing phishing & spyware or just limiting access for kids & guests, NETGEAR has you covered.
- NETGEAR ARMOR™—Cybersecurity for your home††. Advanced cyber threat protection for your home network and your connected devices
- CIRCLE SMART PARENTAL CONTROLS‡‡— The smart way for families to manage content and time online, on any device.
- VPN SUPPORT—On PC, MAC, & now also with OpenVPN Connect app on iOS & Android, securely access your home network & Internet connection from your mobile device remotely
- GUEST NETWORK—Separate and secure network for your guests
- AUTOMATIC FIRMWARE UPDATE—Delivers latest security patches to the router
- LATEST SECURITY STANDARD—Supports WPA3 the latest and cutting-edge Wi-Fi security protocol
WiFi 6 for business and home office
NETGEAR has been at the forefront of innovation and cutting-edge solution for more than 20 years, providing innovative and ground-breaking network solutions which include a suite of advanced WiFi 6 products – giving you access to the most advanced WiFi on the planet.
WiFi 6 overcomes these challenges
- Coverage and range, especially through walls in blind spots
- Need for faster and easier set up
- Network and per device speed, especially with more devices
- Demand for security and access control
- Need for smooth configuration and firmware updates
WiFi 6 for Business
Why are businesses adopting WiFi 6?
- Best WiFi Speed – 70% more throughput than WiFi 5
- Connect More Devices - optimized speed even in high density areas
- Improved Coverage
- Battery Efficiency
- Seamless Roaming
- Faster Backbone with 2.5G - Multi-gig networking and connectivity
- High Density IoT
- Safer Networks
Remote WiFi 6 Management
Most NETGEAR WiFi 6 business access points include NETGEAR Insight, the award-winning remote cloud management solution for easy installation, monitoring, and management from anywhere.
NETGEAR Insight is an industry first in network management, providing easy plug-and-play setup and management. Its cloud portal can be accessed via an intuitive web interface or the Insight mobile app. Insight offers a wide variety of configuration options for the most basic networks to multi-tenancy and multi-roles.
NETGEAR Insight enables easy configuration, monitoring, and management of your wireless access points together with Insight-managed switches and storage. Wireless management features include: Instant WiFi for automatic wireless configuration to limit interferences, frequency band selection, VLAN creation and association with SSID, WiFi security configuration, visibility into WiFi clients, reporting, and many more.
Who is upgrading to WiFi 6?
- Sharing a WiFi connection with the rest of the family as people are working from home, video calling or downloading large files can slow everyone down. WiFi 6 is optimized for concurrent users.
- As medicine moves toward more innovative technologies for imaging, record storage, and telehealth, it requires more bandwidth. Upgrading to WiFi 6 helps ease high demand and provide efficiency.
- Older, legacy WiFi systems have slow bandwidth lack device capacity and less secure connections. WiFi 6 can meet growing demand for connectivity across all the technology and devices the industry depends on.
- As wireless handheld Point of Sale devices increase in use so does the need for suffcinet bandwidth and total site coverage. WiFi 6 can meet those growing demands.
- Libraries, city halls, police offices and the public sector in general are becoming more technologically advanced and reliant on WiFi and need the bandwidth capacity and efficiency it offers.
- The increase in video streaming, online with WiFi 6 greatly improve student’s and teacher’s educational experiences.
- From AI assembly line robots to autonomous delivery trucks, most or all new machinery and loT will require high bandwidth and capacity.
- Finance companies need high bandwidth and zero-delay streaming to meet the needs of daily stock market traders and demanding finance apps. WiFi 6 can keep up with these demand.
- Houses of worship need great network conncetivity to make sure everything runs smoothly for the team and improve the congregation’s experince. Reliability, simplicity and affordability are high priorities. WiFi 6 checks all those boxes.
The WiFi 6 Difference
Increased speed, coverage, and capacity for today’s WiFi demands
Up to 70% faster speeds on both bands
Up to 50% more coverage, with no dead zones
- Device Capacity
More simultaneous users, with high WiFi quality for everyone
|WiFi Performance||AX11000 WiFi|
|WiFi Band||Tri-Band WiFi|
|Beamforming||Beamforming+ — Boosts speed, reliability and range of WiFi connections for 2.4 and 5GHz|
|Number of Ethernet Ports||
|Number of USB Ports||Two (2) USB 3.0 ports|
|Processor||Powerful 64-bit 1.8GHz Quad-core processor ensures smooth 4K/8K UHD streaming & gaming -- ideal for Gigabit internet speeds|
|Dimensions||11.7 x 3.07 x 8.3 in|
† Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput and wireless coverage will vary and may be lowered by network and environmental conditions, including network traffic volume and building construction. NETGEAR makes no representations or warranties about this product's compatibility with future standards.
* NETGEAR Armor requires a paid subscription after the initial introductory period.
‡ As compared to an AC1200 2x2 router.
†† Circle® includes the Free Basic Plan. Fees apply for a Premium Plan. Visit netgear.com/circle for more information.
** As compared to a WiFi 5 (802.11ac) router
*** To achieve Gigabit wireless speeds the network requires compatible devices that supports 160MHz channels. Intel Gigabit WiFi enabled devices supported. Clients must also support 11ax standards.
§ Requires compatible AX clients
Download the NETGEAR Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream AX11000 Tri-Band WiFi Router Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.