ProSAFE Business 4x4 Dual Band 802.11ac Wave 2 Access Point
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
Premium Controller Managed 802.11ac Wireless Access Point
NETGEAR Premium Business 802.11ac 4 x 4 Wave 2 Wireless Access Point, purposely designed for enterprises requiring high density and superior performance. The NETGEAR Premium Business 802.11ac 4 x 4 Wave 2 Wireless Access Point (AP) delivers high performance with maximum client density for enterprises requiring ubiquitous and reliable wireless for all business applications. The WAC740 is a controller managed Access Point with ease of centralized management with all NETGEAR wireless controllers from small (WC7500) to mid-size (WC7600) and large-size (WC9500) deployment. The WAC740 operates with Multi-User MIMO and can achieve speeds up to 600 Mbps for 2.4 GHz and 1.7 Gbps at 5 GHz. The WAC740 is Power over Ethernet enabled and comes with 2 Ethernet ports, including one Multi-Gig port that can handle up to 2.5 Gbps of throughput, enabling a single wire to connect to Multi-Gig capable switch for ease of wiring installation.
- ProSAFE 802.11ac AP Wave 2 provides a theoretical connection rate of up to 2.6Gbps per radio—roughly double the rates offered by today’s high-end 802.11ac access points
- Reliable wireless coverage with 4 streams of data based on 4x4 (Transmit and Receive) optimized internal antennas
- Multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) increases efficiency and capacity – enabling clients to utilize the RF spectrum much more efficiently by allowing multiple-AP-to client transmissions, beamforming, wider bandwidth, and improved encoding
- AirQual feature enables spectrum analysis and interference identification
- Centrally managed by ProSAFE Wireless Controllers
- 2.5GBASE-T Multi-Gigabit support eliminates bottlenecks associated with standard Gigabit Ethernet (NBASE-T switch required to obtain speeds higher than 1Gbps w/ a single port)
- MU-MIMO maximizes the use of wireless medium for delivery of high throughput content
- Compact and elegant design stylishly blends into the environment
- Concurrent operation in 2.4GHz (600Mbps) and 5GHz (1.7Gbps) for maximum wireless throughput
- Backward compatibility with 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n network devices
- Integrated Power over Ethernet (802.3af and 802.3at) lowers deployment costs
- Controller managed by WC7500, WC7600 and WC9500 allowing centralized management up to 600 Access Points in a cluster of controllers.
- Business-class security features include WPA, WPA2, rogue AP detection and 802.1x with RADIUS support
- Easy mounting mechanism for quick wall or ceiling installation
- Internal antennas factory-optimized for maximum RF performance
- Antenna take-offs enable optional accessory antenna attachment for 2.4GHz and/or 5GHz operations
- AirQual monitors Wi-Fi channel utilization on the network, identify sources of interference. Log alerts on channel quality drop or overload
Easy to Configure
- Simple setup in minutes with wireless controllers (WC7500/WC7600/WC9500)
- Centralized configuration and monitoring with complete visibility
High performance and superior coverage
- Dual band concurrent operation between 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency ranges
- Maximum performance with multi-gigabit throughput (up to 2.3 Gbps)
Maximize capacity with Multi-user MIMO support
- Enable concurrent wireless transmit and receive with multiple clients
- Improves coverage for multiple users in dense environment
Simple and cost effective for installation
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) for flexibility of deployment
- 2.5 Multi-Gigabit Ethernet port with single cable installation with no compromise
|NETGEAR WAC740 Specifications|
|Management||Controller managed by WC7500/ WC7600/WC9500|
|Advanced Wireless Features||
Download the NETGEAR WAC730 Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.